Monday, March 5, 2012

First I have to say, that everyone has been awesome, and we love all the support we are getting from everyone.  We have received lots of cards, flowers, gifts, and even have lots of people shaving their heads in support of Audree.  We have truly been blessed, and all the love and support has made this such an easier thing to deal with.  Today was Audree's first Chemo session, and so far so good.  It took almost 3.5 hours for the treatment from setup to finish.  I was not able to sit with her, but when I picked her up she said she felt fine.  I contribute that to how in shape and fit she is.  She has always eaten right and worked out each day.  So I guess that stuff is good for you.  I am trying to follow her lead.  She has been amazing through this whole thing and has been able to laugh and enjoy this process even though it is very unpleasant.  Staying positive is key and she is awesome at it.  I could not have received a better eternal partner than her, she really makes everyone around her better.  The plan is Chemo every other Monday for 2 months (4 treatments for all you English majors).  After that she will have treatment once a week for 12 weeks.  This is the plan the doctor put us on, and he said this could change in that it would be decreased or increased depending on the results.  The best way to look at it is 2 different treatments because she is being injected with different medications.  One is 4 treatments the other is 12 treatments.  We do not expect all the treatments to be as smooth as this one.  They said the first treatment is given at a slower pace to allow your body to get use to it, but we are praying for all of them to be as smooth as the first.  I hope they go that way for the sake of our kids because I cannot take care of our kids the way she can.  She is an amazing mother and wife, and I do not want to see her suffer.  Thanks for the support!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment